Monday, July 21, 2014

John Minto and I

I have never met John Minto fortunately, nor did I have any desire to do so. He is a professional protester who has been protesting for the last thirty years, dragging out his rent-a-crowd. But I should make an effort to understand the man and people like him. I can't accuse him oif being an antisemite, because I suspect that he wouldn't know what an antisemite is if he tripped over one. I don't imagine that he knows enough about Jews to explain why he hates them. And perhaps he doesn't know enough about Israel either, but that doesn't stop him from agitating against it. His solution to the Middle East problem is to close down the Israeli Embassy. Sadly, there is a remote chance that should the DotCom Mana Party get enough votes he might enter parliament on the coat tail of Hone Harawira, who has a reasonable chance, because of his family connections, of winning the seat of the Maori electorate of Te Tai Tokerau. Having John Minto in Parliament would besmirch New Zealand's political reputation. 

No comments:

Post a Comment